Tigiwon Community House is a day-use one room cabin that can be rented for your mountain wedding or elopement with guests. It is located in the Town of Minturn, Colorado about 40 minutes from Vail. It is the perfect spot for someone looking to have a mountain wedding with their loved ones with an outdoor feel plus the views!
Tigiwon is the perfect spot for small intimate weddings or elopements with guests. It has a capacity for up to 200 people according to their site but we would not recommend having more than 60 people max at this spot! It has the perfect cabin feel along with other amenities:
- Cool Stone Fireplace
- 10-foot picnic tables, two charcoal grills, a fire pit outdoors
- Vault toilets outside ( and they are cleaner than you think)
- Close to a lot of trails
- Outdoor Ceremony locations
- Parking in front of the cabin. We would say about 15-20 cars fit comfortably. The website says 50 but having been there we think that a bit excessive for the space. Theres no other parking lot nearby so plan accordingly.
How And When You Can Reserve Tigiwon Community House
Reserving Tigiwon Community House is super easy. You can reserve it online It is only available to rent from late June- the end of September.
Cost: $85- $210 for the day. Cost is depends on the amount of people that will be present.
Hours Of Use: 8 am- 10 pm
We think the best times to reserve this location are during the week as this road gets pretty busy during the weekends. There are many hikes around the area that bring in a lot for hikers. In July and August there are an abundance of wildflowers too so we recommend choosing one of those months!
Best Photo Spots
Since Tigiwon is surrounded by the Gore Range in Holy Cross wilderness, the photo location opportunities are endless. The easiest and great spot for photos will be right across the road the cabin. You get amazing mountain views and wildflowers ( during wildflower season). The cabin is also surrounded by beautiful forest views!
If you are a little more adventurous and want some epic mountain views, hiking to a spot is an amazing option. Haley and Bryan hiked for their elopement day to mountain spot nearby and read their vows privately before coming down to meet their family for their ceremony with them. check out their story and pictures here: Haley and Bryan’s Elopement.
Tips And Things You Should Know Before Renting Tigiwon Community House
If this sounds like a dream location for your small wedding or elopement, there are a few things you should consider before making your decision! Here are some restrictions and tips that you should know about:
- This space is suitable for DIY couples. It is a bare bones cabin meaning you have to rent tables, chairs etc. It does say it has tables but we aren’t sure what type either! Also you have to figure out decor as well. Hiring a planner/event coordinator can be super helpful.
- The cabin has NO electricity. When it gets dark you will need to have some type of lighting available. This can be battery operated, or solar lighting that is already charged from the day before! It gets really dark since its far from light pollution. Music also needs to be battery operated.
- The road up the cabin is a LONG semi narrow dirt road. The ride is a bit bumpy but a sedan can get up there with no issues. If you have vendors coming to this location, this is good info to tell them. There are no lights driving down the road either at night.
- There is NO running water, so coolers with drinks and hand washing water will be great.
- Make sure you bring bathroom essentials like toilet paper, hand sanitizer in case the restrooms aren’t stocked properly.
- You are in the wilderness, so don’t be surprised if wildlife approaches your party at any given time
- It gets cooler at night since its at a higher elevation
Tigiwon Community House Picture Gallery
Looking For Fun Photographers To Capture Your Awesome Day?
We are Laura + Hugo, your elopement and small wedding photographers at Together We Roam! We would love to photograph your Tigiwon Cabin small wedding/elopement. Let us help you plan your ultimate adventure yet by contacting us below and scheduling your free consult zoom call with us!